J O S H U A C H E C K L E Y

Thursday 13 January 2011

My ideas for my film and what I have decided on.

My first ideas were to produce a piece about sleep. Not entirely an educational piece about sleep but I just wanted to see what I looked like when I woke up and what I looked like as I was falling asleep.
I was one of those things I have always been interested in but never explored.
The processes and what happens to you when you wake up are so different to what happens when you fall asleep. You forget when you fell asleep and have no recollection of it but you remember every when you wake up. I determine this is due to the relaxation of falling asleep and your mind drifting into sleep and the pain of waking up and moving back in conciousness.
I was going to try to film myself falling asleep and contrast it with me waking up.
After realising that the film was to be filmed on a pocket camera I realised all I had was my phone and that I wasn't going to be able to set timers for my phone to turn on and start recording as I would be able to with higher technology but that isn't the point of the project.
After considering new ideas and struggling to find something to do I started to think about filming when I woke up.
I would wake up and film things around my room but because the quality of my phone camera is so low it wouldn't pick up any detail apart from the soft fragment of light shining from the top of my curtains.
This interest me and a few morning I would wake up and film the same light coming through into my room.

After a few clips I thought about maybe focusing my project on those little fragments of light that interest you when you see them but don't really control your attention for too long.
I found that these fragments of light happen everywhere you look.
After finding my focus. I could film edit and complete my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment